I’ve been waiting for September since June, and it has — to my surprise — not disappointed! It’s cooler now, I’m able to think, I feel human for at least a combined hour every day (big change from July and August), and my sister’s going back to school soon and leaving me alone.
Basically, it’s the perfect time to be ambitious, and I don’t always feel that way so I’m running with it. For starters, I’m putting two notebooks I’ve been holding onto — an A4 lined notepad I bought in Oxford (in 2008, shut up) and which I cannot find anything like here, and a gorgeous journal I’m shooting for Watermark Bindery — to good use: I’m going to start keeping track of my finances, such as they are, on the big notepad, and I’m turning the Watermark Bindery journal into a blog planner.
I also have a running to-do list on a little travel-themed notebook I bought at a store, and then I have this other steel gray notebook where I used to have a running to-do list until I decided to start over. Now I use it to jot down notes for lists I’ll make elsewhere. Stationery is awesome and I’m weird. Bear with me.
Here are some things you can look forward to seeing on the blog this month:
1. The 30×30 remix challenge. 30 pieces of clothing to make 30 outfits. I’ve picked out what I’ll be using, and I’m excited to start putting outfits together! I haven’t decided if I’ll post one every day, but given the limited cool weather garments on my list, I’d definitely like to have everything up by the end of October. Then I can do it again with cozier clothes… or kickstart a closet cosplay challenge.
2. In fact, I have two ideas that I really love for fun link-up challenges, and they’re both in the area of outfit posts. One is a weekly geeky thing; the other one would be monthly and involve matching people in pairs. This month I’d like to flesh out these ideas and perhaps find someone with a larger following and/or a tighter focus on style to co-host them/run them with me. Interested? Leave a comment here or shoot me an e-mail!
3. Blogtember! Jenni from Story Of My Life is running a blog-every-working-day challenge, and I’m going to be participating on and off. Not all the prompts call out to me, but I love the ones that do!
4. Travel Tuesday: I had it in my head that I couldn’t possibly play in Travel Tuesday (as hosted by Belinda of Found Love, Now What? and Bonnie of A Compass Rose) because I haven’t stepped out of my city in… a while, but it occurred to me last week that I have a massive number of pictures from the time(s) I was in England, and I could easily focus on corners and themes and show you guys all the little details that haven’t made it into my shop yet (though they might!). There’s a lot of pretty in these folders that needs to see the light more often, so I’ll be nudging it out.
5. I’ll also be sticking with my Weekly Wishes and Friday Loves posts. In addition to Friday Loves — well, you may have noticed I have a “Showcase” section. I’d like to get some action in there this month, and I already have a few shops — all handmade Etsy sellers for now — in mind that I want to highlight. I’ll be honing my interviewing skills as well — or rather finding out if I have any! Should be really fun for me, and if I can match a shop I love with a new customer, all the better!
6. Vlogging: I’ve finally got over my block regarding coming up with ideas for vlogs, and I have lots! I haven’t been able to film any due to problems getting enough alone time to stay sane (thanks, baby sister) but once school starts up, I should be able to get into a nice habit of vlogging mid morning — when the lighting in my room is coincidentally really nice.
7. Crafts: I need to get back into sewing as soon as possible, and make my photo-printed fashion collection a reality! I won’t be sharing any tutorials or anything of the kind for the time being — I’m far too new for that! — but at some point I’d like to compile some links I’ve found helpful for you guys. In the meanwhile, you can always follow my DIYs & ideas board on Pinterest.
In addition to all of that, I want to catch up on open orders and as many Indiegogo rewards as I can, and open my graphic design shop. I’ve even got plans for a couple of freebies (and perhaps a giveaway!) to celebrate with you all. ;) And I’d like to figure out this having-sponsors thing — starting with switching to manual coding (or possibly Adproval, we’ll see).
In just a few words, it’s going to be a busy month, and I’m really excited about finally doing something. Lots of somethings, in fact. I’m always much more motivated when I’m super busy.
Do you have any ambitious plans for September? Let’s cheer each other on!
Linking up with My So-Called Chaos!