I’m starting off the week on not the brightest note, but let’s blame my cat for my getting up late and having weird gory nightmares about guns on planes and people being carried out on stretchers, yeah? It was his fault anyway. He was all cozy and peaceful and on top of me; I couldn’t bring myself to bother him. And I’m motivated and optimistic about things! Ahh, Mondays. I love getting to start a new week.
Last week was quite light blogging-wise; I posted:
- ColorQuiz Personality Test Results: easy, quick and terrifyingly accurate
- Wednesday Gratitude & Free iPhone Wallpapers: experimenting with typography prints and giving back
- Everyone Out, Now: musings on being an introvert who needs alone time, or: why the week was light blogging-wise
- Friday Loves: Rust
Here’s hoping for a little bit more proper content this week!
And now for my Weekly Wishes:
Last week’s weekly wishes, quick recap: did I let myself get overwhelmed? Yeah, I kind of did. In my defense, I didn’t get nearly enough alone time to recharge, let alone work on things. I didn’t tidy, though I recycled the box the MacBook Air box came in; I didn’t do any videos, but I got two or three ideas; I didn’t touch my graphic design shop, but I brainstormed a logo I owe; and I didn’t get the campaign reward info, but I did get back to a lot of people. As for my habits, they didn’t get much better, but I don’t think they got any worse.
I did shoot these Day of the Dead masks from maskedzone on Etsy; I love how the photos came out and I love how I look in them, and I did my best to keep it as light on the cultural appropriation issue as possible, but they are Day of the Dead masks and I am white, so it is what it is. I honestly didn’t realize what Day of the Dead was or where it came from until after I made this trade (shooting those two masks in exchange for two different — one autumn-themed, one Venetian-themed — one-of-a-kind ones), and now that I know, I won’t do it again — but I wanted to honor the trade (and, selfishly, keep the OOAK masks. They’re really gorgeous).
Still have to shoot the other “goddamn [redacted]” (the cloche hats like the one in my sidebar pic, only worn properly), though, so all in all, it was a draw.
Onto this week’s wishes:
- Shoot: the cloche hats, the fiber art scarf, the hooded cowl, the fourth metal cuff
- Stock up on stationery for card-making (cardstock, envelopes) and mail out those orders as well as the DOTD masks
- Get back to people, contact people, carrying this on the list since August
- Do some tidying. At least one shelf!
- Show off all my scissors in one video, autumn accessories in another
- Wear and shoot at least three dress/skirt outfits while I’m all nicely epilated and the weather is warm
- Do this. Someone nominate me for an excuse!
- Try using a sheet over the clothesline that runs across the patio as a photography backdrop [verbatim from last week]
- Take this experimental portraiture course! Anybody want to join me?
Yes? Yes. Excellent. Let’s do this.