Is it really — holy shit, in two weeks I’m flying to London. CRAP. I still need a suitcase and a shuttle ticket to Madrid. I still don’t know if I’m coming back! My kingdom for some certainty. Or some photography bookings.
Anyway, let’s jump into this week’s Monday thing.
What I Posted
- 5 Things I Hate About Smoking + Sparks eCigs Review
- Pretty Things: A Storm Is Raging
- 5 Poverty Catch-22s I Have Personally Experienced
- 10 Things: Life + Cat, Lately
What I Accomplished
- ID: renewed! Phew.
- I totally screwed up the two clutches I needed to sew, but at least I figured out where I went wrong and I know how to get it right next time. Also spotted another thing I’d fucked up and need to fix.
Weekly Wishes [Link-Up]
Two weeks, you guys. I’m starting to feel the rush
panic motivation. …and the panic. Yikes.
I need a suitcase and a shuttle ticket to Madrid. I’m debating what kind of suitcase I want, and by kind I mean price — I liked some nice ones that were 60€ but I think the supermarket a bit further out usually has deals on carryon luggage and I could get a suitcase for 20€, so maybe I’ll do that — it’s not like I’m planning on putting it through a lot. The whole point of getting a carryon is precisely not leaving it in the airline’s hands. TRUST NO ONE. (Seriously, when KLM lost my — red — luggage and returned it two days later, it was covered in dirt.)
I haven’t bought any return stuff so let’s just cross our fingers I either don’t need it or can get a cheap ticket closer to the due date somehow. [After checking RyanAir:] HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS, THERE ARE RETURN TICKETS FOR 26€ AND 32€ RIGHT NOW. MAYBE I’LL GET ONE. I have to transfer money to my bank account. Or hope the Paypal card I requested gets here quickly. Anyway: HOPE! And panic. Always panic.
I need to plan out my outfits for optimum packing. You’ll get a glimpse into that for sure. I have a
lot number of pictures to take, actually, and since I have to leave the house and it is now warm out, I was vaguely contemplating trying out some foundations I have (the BB cream I bought in October and the Korean brand choux base thing I won in a giveaway and the veil cover cream samples I was sent last month) and doing some outfit shoots or something. I’ll have to drag my mom out but I’m sure she can deal. After all, there’s a chance she won’t see me in a while. She will totally miss me. Especially the hollering in the morning for juice and the massive steam that fills up the bathroom every time I shower and having to cook my meals at weird times because my body works weird…
…she’ll probably miss my tablet if I take it with me more than she’ll miss me.
A clutch and another couple of tablet covers. A phone cover as well that actually fits the phone it’s for. I’m afraid some people will have to wait longer because I screwed stuff up and need to reorder fabric. I’m going to make a big collage of tablet cover rectangles and order a couple of yards. I haven’t screwed up the rest of it yet.
And lots of design work and some sponsored posts. And keep looking for work, and flats, and oh, god, I wanted to do a giveaway and have some people co-host it to promote my photography services but it’s so difficult to get it into words and I have a hard time being optimistic about it helping my campaign. If I can just stay in London, if I can find a room Annemari will pay half for and stay for a while and promote my work by doing that work, by collaborating with bloggers and fellow creatives — that would be so much easier.
Then there’s the maybes:
- Revamp my sponsorship options
- Design a media kit and a photography services kit for myself
- Revamp the SEO on Lix Hewett Photography
- Stock up Lix Hewett Photography
- Create google+ pages for my blog and for Lix Hewett Creative
- Keep applying to jobs
- Write up an engagement/social media/comment policy
- List portfolio design on my design shop
- Go through my 4×6 prints, make a collage of them and sell them as cards or prints — as grab bags or letting people pick numbers off the collage? Would you guys be interested? I’m thinking sets of 3 for $10 plus postage
- Find out how much my tripod weighs. Maybe I can take it with me. Does the additional small hand bag RyanAir allows have a weight maximum? I just asked them through twitter. Bless twitter.
- Blog sale? Instagram sale?
So, that. Wish me luck and motivation and things. Hire me or recommend me to people. If you’re going to a blog conference soon, invest in one of my media kits! See, I’m full of ideas.
What are you doing this week? Are there any big events looming in the horizon for you?