I need to hang one of those prints that say “I refuse to sink” up in my brain. Also, blog more often. GOAL: Finish and publish posts the same day I start them. I began this one on Sunday. Things have changed a bit since then, but luckily I never made it past the introduction, so there is nothing to rewrite.
On my last Weekly Wishes post, all the way back on May 19, I talked about how I needed to take better care of myself. I don’t know if I’ve made a lot of progress in that regard, but I do know I moved twice, I spent a week with a kitten, I completed a design project, I braved three really bad days last week after I was told it wouldn’t work out with the flat I’m living in at the moment, I booked a homestay.com room without seeing it first — standard procedure for the site, and the important part is that I made a decision — and I’m (mostly) set until July 13, when I’ll have to move again.
The thing is, I’m ready to settle down. Not settle, but find a place I genuinely like and that I can sign a lease on for a good half year or even a complete one. In order to do that, I need money and I need a job. My freelance work needs to be my top priority, and I need to start applying to full-time jobs that can give me a bit of stability but allow me to run my small business on top. And so:
MONTHLY GOALS: JUNE [link-up]
1. Write up my resume. I’ve been approaching this as redoing it, and I think I’ll do a better job if I start from scratch. On paper, even. I’m going to take the chance to poke around InDesign while I’m at it.
2. Write a few cover letters for different types of roles that can be easily customized. Writing too many emails I have a personal interest in in a short period of time is hard on me, and I need to streamline it as much as possible.
3. Complete current design projects.
4. Raise the prices on my Etsy shops and my photo services page. This will happen on June 15, and I’ll be raising my prices by a good 30% at least. I’m switching to listing in GBP as well. Now would be a great time to hire me if you’re in need of a blog design, a media kit or a logo!
5. Streamline listing photographs and photography products on Etsy so I can delegate the task if need be. Catch up on picture editing and stay on top of editing new photographs.
6. Blog daily Monday – Friday and optionally on weekends. (You guys know I like my easy weekend posts.) Complete a schedule starting today and running at least two weeks ahead.
7. Find a new photography product supplier and printer. These can be the same or different, though I’d prefer to find a printer somewhere I can physically go pick up my prints as opposed to having them shipped to me. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. I’m hoping to find some places that will allow me to print a couple of custom samples before I go ahead and order more. In the medium term, I want to begin doing craft shows and build up my stock, so it could mean quite a bit of business for whoever I end up picking. Fingers crossed I can get a place or two to reach out to me and/or agree to it!
8. Order new business cards! So important, y’all.
9. And of course, the serious paperwork things: get a national insurance number and go from there.
10. Enjoy London. Go for walks. Stretch more often. Seek out those moments when I’m just utterly, ridiculously happy to be here, because they’re exhilarating and I don’t get them as often as I’d like to.
A round ten goals for a hopefully successful month! What are your plans for June?
Linked up with: Weekly Wishes (obv!), Manic Mondays