- Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens — currently half price for £67.49
- Canon Remote Control RC-06 — £14.65
- A new Canon — 700D for video, 70D might be a decent upgrade, and my ideal, excuse me while I cry at the price, not that I can afford any of the others: the 5D Mark III.
- Classic Duffle Coat (J. Crew) — but really I just want my coat back, the one I splurged on last year, which is a cross between this Michael Kors one and this Burberry one, only Mango and a lot less pricy. And charcoal gray. And I miss it. I need to get that shipment sorted out already, before I freeze.
- Steve Madden Cap-Toe Boots, though I’m really flexible here — I just could use a pair of flat black boots. I included two in my Dream Capsule Wardrobe last week, and this pair looks super cool as well, and these Guess ones! Yes. Anyway, the thing is that I have a pair of beige sneakers that I wear all the time lately, and then I have my awesome black boots, but those heels are… kind of scary lately. Because I actually walk. And I live on a third floor without a lift. I haven’t been as out of breath getting back home to my door as I used to be, though! Yay! Maybe I’ll pull out the high-heeled boots next time I only plan to go down to the Starbucks down the street. It’s a pretty clean, no-obstacles, no-cracked-surfaces walk. But I still want a flat pair. Or a pair of dark sneakers.
I’ve also been wanting a touchscreen pen for two reasons: more precise fingerpainting, er, freehand calligraphy; and being able to use my phone to take photos when I’m wearing gloves. This one looks nice, and so does this one.
There are some other things I want, mostly tidbits for my room — a laundry hamper, bed linens and towels of my own, an armchair, a fleece throw. But I think those belong on a different wishlist. This one is what really matters to me right now and can’t quite buy. Though I wouldn’t not say thank you if someone were to send me a Starbucks gift card. Money saved on Starbucks = money for my 50mm lens (I’ve got a £30 Amazon gift card, so I’m not that far off!), and/or for the parcel with my coat in it (which I can potentially get by just paying the VAT on it). Of course that’s assuming I don’t have to spend all those spare pennies on rent, which is kind of optimistic.
But we’re trying. And I really want that fucking lens. Sadly, buying it is not yet a choice I can make. But hopefully soon. I’m still, clearly, obviously, prioritizing getting on top of and then ahead of rent, but the 50mm feels essential to my photography career, so… there it is. Front and
center left but big on my wishlist.
And that’s what I want for my birthday, or would want for my birthday if I thought it was realistic to expect gifts at this point. Thank you for reading!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links and PPC Shopsense links.