Yes another life post. Duh.
It’s been a little while, and I don’t have relevant photos to break it down with as usual because I’m still working my way through those three days I spent not-in-my-hometown in March, so I’m going to jump right in:
1. I got Snapchat. I’m @lixhewett over there, predictably, and I post a lot of my face — with and without snapchat filters that make me look like a koala/goth/comic book character — and a lot of my cat. Sometimes there are glimpses at my notebooks and whatever I’m editing on my laptop at the time. Occasionally I whine. If you’re interested in seeing that kind of thing from me, you’re welcome to follow.
2. I finished my very first bullet journal, of sorts. I call it bullet journal because it’s a notebook that I use in specific ways, but it’s very very low-key — I draw up a 10-day chart for my habits every four or six pages, and then the rest of the pages are divided in two vertical halves to host a) daily to-dos and b) rolling to-dos. I have no intention of making it any more complicated. (I do want to start using my planner more, but that’s an entirely different thing). It’s not perfect, but it’s working well so far, and I’m just going to hold on to that for a bit.
3. Over the month of April I tweeted a poem every day under the hashtag #aclassicnotion. For the most part, it’s free-verse work by female poets from the last hundred years. It’s all poetry I really, really love, because it’s my first time doing something like this and I had no reason not to reach for my favorites. If you decide to have a browse, I hope you find something that speaks to you.
4. I wrapped up week three of onefiftydips! It’s already been five days and I’ve not started week four yet. I’m keeping up with my exercise chart and everything, but the super low bar I have for workouts is about a fifth of a program workout, and everything else I do is flexibility and balance things; my endurance sucks, and dips are the only thing strength exercise I don’t hate. Still: progress!
5. Baking and being scared of feeling dirty do not mix smoothly. Thought y’all should know.
6. If my purpose in life were to be a pillow for cats, I would be happy. Just let me know, universe dear, so I can stop worrying about other shit.