I think a lot about blogging but none of it seems to lead to actual blog posts. I need very specific ideas – and then I need to be able to execute them, which can be hard at times. See:
1. Style posts: I have to shoot! Outside! In the heat! The horror. Plus, my mom has been doing morning hours for an elderly lady and she’s always tired in the evening. It’s a bit tricky to shoot when your tripod doesn’t want to get off the couch.
2. Showcase posts: I have to shoot… and I honestly don’t know why I’m not doing it. I actually feel super guilty about this. I blame my anxiety and Indiegogo.
3. I still want to vlog about Indiegogo and I’m not sure what’s taking me so long. Lack of coherence due to heat? Let’s go with that. Also, my sister insists on being here. Which, fine, whatever, it is our room now for the next six months but I need a lot of alone time to function and even more alone time to work once I do function, and it’s becoming increasingly harder to get. When does school start? Can it be now? Bonus: it will be fall and it won’t be as hot! Yes, let’s fast-forward to September.
4. Fashion design and sewing: Also not doing any of it! Because my sewing machine (my mom’s Alfa from the 80s) gets pretty hot and because I’m prioritizing catching up on product photography over sewing my rewards. But I’m definitely placing a Spoonflower order this week… which means I should send some emails. This is not how I expected this bullet point to go. My to-do list keeps crawling into things. Shoo.
5. Graphic design: I actually don’t know how to blog about this. But I’m working on my Etsy shop for it! Just having trouble coming up with something to list so I can open it. It would probably help if I got back to this one person. Probably. And if I told this other person I got their stuff. Maybe. Who knows. Personing is hard.
6. Issues I have with news reactions and the like: My problem with this is what I want to say often feels too long for Twitter but too short for a blog post or a video, so I end up not saying anything. Which is not a good thing. Short posts are good, right? I keep seeing that. I need to get out of the mindset that I need some substance to start a blog post – things always get out of hand length-wise anyway. (See also: this post.) Also, I don’t have a tag or category for this. What would I call that? I have an Everything Else category, but if I actually start ranting about issues, that could get flooded.
7. Guitar videos: I’m actually mostly concerned with the copyright issues/what YouTube allows. I sing (poorly) and play (also poorly) songs by other people, so as I understand it, I can’t monetize those videos, but I’m not all that familiar with the monetization thing yet and I don’t want to fuck up in some way I’m not aware of. Any posts on this out there?
But hey, I wrote this up! That’s a post. And my sister left, and I have a vlog I want to make. So it’s all getting easier. Maybe. It might.