And it’s no longer the first week of January, and that feels incredibly weird. Days kept going by last week without me having anything to show for them, and it was awful. I am determined not to let that happen this week. My blog schedule includes: this post, a photography post of some sort tomorrow (or maybe last Thursday’s activism post that I didn’t write), an outfit post, something about pop culture (movie review? Top N literary devices I hate? Shows that Mean Something To Me?), a Quick Tips post (the kind where you share your blog link and I give you visual advice), Etsy Finds + link-up announcement (yes, I am turning it into a link-up!), and link love on Sunday.
So hold me to that, yeah?
Goals for the week:
- Get through my email. All of it. Reply to everything I need to reply to, and:
- Catch up on design work and send those drafts. Self-imposed deadlines include two blog design mockups, a media kit revision, a media kit draft, and some photo-editing. List this somewhere. Keep an updated list so I can’t go into a spiral of ‘oh no too much to do can’t keep track oh no I just remembered another thing despair!’ as I’m wont to do.
- Write as many blog posts from my monthly schedule as I possibly can. Schedule, schedule, schedule.
- Skype my mom. I can’t believe I’m putting this here, but I clearly need to find time to do it. I wake up, go to Starbucks and by the time I’m back home, she’s going to sleep, so we’ve been missing each other for over a week. Terrible stuff.
- Be halfway functional re: my sleep schedule. I’m just not right now and I don’t know how to be but I need to. I can’t keep going to sleep in the early hours of the morning and getting up so late. It’s doing me in. I’ve been awake since midnight last night, so at least I hope I will be tired soon tonight. I’m in the best situation I’m going to be to make things work for me, so I need to seize it.
A nice round five for me this week. Which is obviously technically more than five things if you count blog posts and deadlines separately, but y’all know what I mean.
How’s your week looking? Anything you’re excited to accomplish?